Life on the Home Front Weekend
18-19 July 2015 10am – 4pm
Cusworth Hall Museum and Park
Doncaster, DN5 7TU
An event organised by Doncaster MDC, under the ‘Doncaster 1914-1918 At Home, At War‘ umbrella and funded by the Lottery Heritage Fund.
The organising group are are pleased to announce this, the biggest event in the area of this summer, and with FREE entry, and FREE activities it looks like it could be a wonderful day out for all members of the family.
The front lawn at Cusworth Hall will be taken over with a huge range of activities, including:
– Visit First World War nurses and meet their patient
– Get hands-on with First World War objects and try on uniforms
– Sample and learn more about First World War cooking
– Experience a soldier’s training camp
– Find out about wartime Doncaster, rationing and thrifty fashion
– Family-friendly crafts and activities
This event is one of a series entitled ‘The Great War on Tour’, which visits a variety of places including St Oswald’s Church, Kirk Sandall on the 20th of June ; Edlington Library on the 22 of June and ‘Doncaster at War 1914-1915’ again at Edlington Library on 29th of May through to 25th of June.
Doncaster1914-18 on the web