Morley & District Family History Open Day
Morley & District Family History Group are celebrating their 30th Anniversary with an Open Day on Saturday 17th of September 2016 from 10am – 3pm at St Mary’s in the Wood, (opposite Morley Library), Commercial Street, Morley, Leeds, LS27 8HY.
With Free Admission, why not pop in and see who is going to be there.
30 years ago a small group of people attended an evening class for those interested in family history. The classes ended after six weeks, and it was then that Morley & District Family History Group began and is still here today.
Morley & District FHG may not be the biggest family history society/group but they are a friendly lot, so if you have family from the local area or are thinking about beginning your family history, why not drop in on Saturday and have a chat.
Morley & District FHG will have their collection of transcriptions available for sale.
Who else is going to be there?
- Morley & District Family History Group
- Wakefield & District Family History Society
- Uniform Memories (scrapbooking)
- Yorkshire Archaeological Society (Family History Section)
- Morley Community Archives
- David Scrimgeour, author of Proper People: Early Asylum Life in the Words of Those Who Were There
- Dr. Carolyn Huston will be interpreting pre 1950 death certificates – bring along a death certificate for more information about the cause of death.
There will also be a small information desk with leaflets and information from The Commonwealth War Graves Commission, Find My Past and The Western Front Association.
On the day there will be a HELP DESK which will have access to major family history online resources. A collection of family history magazines plus a good selection of family history society magazines from various areas will be FREE for you to take away – you may find something of interest to help with your family history research.
Bring along your family and local history questions.
But don’t forget to bring some of your research with you or make notes of the questions you wish to find an answers to!
See you on Saturday for a chat, a cuppa and a Yorkshire Welcome.